EDitorial ± 30-Apr-2001
A Family Affair
Rewind to last year, when I first took any interest in this photo hanging up in my parents' living room:
Pictured are my great-grandparents (whose names I later found out were James and Ellen) surrounded by their 11 children. I'm not certain, but the photo was taken around 1910, by the way. Since nobody could even be sure of the children's names, I thought it might be a nice idea to find out. For the record, they are:
- Eliza, Martha, Nellie, Polly, Dolly, Maud and Lily
- James, William, Walter and George
If You Take Away With You Nothing Else
Grandfather, father, son:
- did I mention that Walter, son of James, was a tattooist?
- get everything down on paper
- speak to your oldest family members while they're still around!